Quote

"Stay Far From Timid, Only Make Moves When Your Hearts In It, and Live The Phrase: Sky's The Limit..."
© Christopher "Notorious BIG" Wallace R.I.P

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Welcome Me Back...

Hands down the often times eclectic Nicki Minaj, is undoubtedly keeping the hip-hop light bulb alive for the female MCs. Standing in a league that many had once consider scarce or an endangered group since the entry of Hip-Hop starlets "Queen Bee" Lil' Kim, Foxy Brown, Eve, and Remy Ma in '04, Nicki has shown her potential in putting an end to the once questioned "Where are the female MCs.?"  But, wiith an upcoming debut album set for a November 23rd release, will she be able to fully show and prove on an entire full-length LP?  A feat that some rappers have tried their hands on but never fully materialized or even got the hang of (i.e Drag-On, Fabolous, etc.).

The first single off her yet-to-be-titled debut (Yes, we'll forget about the lackluster performance of a single "Massive Attack") "Your Love" garnered pretty much favorable reviews by fans.  The song features the Queens, NY MC portraying her vocal skills over an R&B back drop.  First off, I must say I wasn't pleased with single and even Minaj was surprised at the single's success...

I was not planning on putting the song out at all. But then I heard it one day, somebody told me it was online. And I was like, ‘No way, no way in the world that song is out.’ I went and listened to it and was really upset. It wasn’t mixed, it wasn’t finished, it wasn’t anything — I wasn’t gonna use it at all. But then radio started playing it.

It just wasn't my cup of tea and honestly I don't think she should really be singing, but that's just my thoughts...



SideBar: I'm digging the creativity in the scenery including the "blood" scene...

No comments:

Post a Comment