Quote

"Stay Far From Timid, Only Make Moves When Your Hearts In It, and Live The Phrase: Sky's The Limit..."
© Christopher "Notorious BIG" Wallace R.I.P

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Warm Up...1 Year Later

Roc Nation's flagship artist and Pushin' Mounts' favorite, J.Cole drops a verse over the Diddy-Dirty Money  single "Angels"...
My Way like a Ursher song

higher power where these verses from
you niggas hoes, put your purses on
Church, get your worship on
born alone, work alone, die alone
hot fire like Dylan
bitches get they dial on
fake niggas get dial tones
I ain’t no Viacom nigga
I’m a firearm nigga
look how I alarm niggas




"The Last Stretch" - J.Cole

The Warm Up was indeed an incredible compilation of music that presented Cole's full capabilities as an artist and producer.  From the bass driven "Grown Simba" where he showcases his hunger for the top spot to holding his own (figuratively) on the legendary Ski Beatz produced "Dead Presidents" and taking us on a stroll through memory lane with Kanye's "Last Call", it is clear why he is Hov's first signee and XXL approved Freshman of '10.

June 15th, 2009. A year ago today The Warm Up dropped. I’m taking this moment and appreciating all the love and support that I’ve received from yall. All that love ya’ll gave allowed me to hit the road and perform these songs for you before I even had a single out. It’s wild to me when I show up in places like Houston, Atlanta, Richmond, Ohio, University of Maryland, NYC, so many other cities and schools, and the whole crowd knows every word to every song. Seeing that it’s so early in my career, only 1 single out, that’s a blessing. Thank you.
A year later and people are still getting put on to The Warm Up every day. Slowly but surely ya’ll, just like it was supposed to. The album is coming, your patience is gonna pay off.
Thank you for real.
Ya’ll know I don’t like throwing out too much but fuck it, it’s a special day. A leaked freestyle never hurt nobody. 
J. Cole
Props to Eskay on this one 



No comments:

Post a Comment